PLAN FOR IT, SAVE FOR IT
During the past five years the consumers nationally have only saved 4.2% of their income. This lack of saving has left a majority of Americans unprepared for daily emergencies and future needs ranging from auto purchases, home repairs, college education, and even retirement.
Planning and saving can help you:
- Break the cycle of living paycheck-to-paycheck.
- Create a more secure future.
- Combat expensive check cashers.
- Reach goals of home ownership, education, retirement and more.
If you are savings “challenged”, we’ve got four simple steps to help you jumpstart your savings habits.
- Plan it! Choose a goal. What do you want to save for?
- Set a plan for paying off credit cards and other debts.
- Select savings techniques that are right for you. (Write yourself a check to go into savings each pay day.
- Use direct deposit, automatic transfers or payroll deductions for regular savings deposits.)
A little planning will help you save a little…and get a lot!